Thank you for considering employment with BUA Thai + Sushi Restaurant. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the career opportunities posted please e-mail your resume directly to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume via email or stop by at the restaurant.
(You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship)
BUA Thai+Sushi participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
This Employer Participates in E-VERIFY ENGLISH/SPANISH (PDF)
Right to Work ENGLISH/SPANISH (PDF)
BUA Thai+Sushi is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
BUA Thai+Sushi does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Upon hire, part of our employee selection process is to maximize your potential to develop into a successful employee. All employees will be afforded the opportunity of a training period to allow us to get to know you, see how you fit in with your co-workers and determine if you are willing and able to carry out the responsibilities for the position for which you were hired. It’s also important for you to get to know us and become familiar with company operations to find out if this job is a fit. We, therefore, have a 14-day Orientation Period for the purposes referred to above. The 14-day period allows both you and the Company to determine if the job is a good fit and if not, a part company as friends. During the Orientation Period, you will begin your training, learning the company policies, and be observed by management. Also, during this time if you feel you do not understand what’s expected of you or that you need additional training, we encourage you to ask questions and seek additional help from our management staff.
Current Job Openings
Employment Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
As a Host/Hostess you will work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, environment to deliver the best dining experience to our guests by:
- Promote and maintain positive guest relations
- Greeting guests in a friendly and inviting manner
- Engaging in friendly conversation as you seat guests in a timely fashion
- Introducing guests to their server
- Managing restaurant waiting list during high volume to accurately setting guest expectations
- Maintaining the flow of the restaurant
- Clearing, cleaning and resetting tables to ensure they are ready for the next guest
- Always sincerely thanking guests as they leave and inviting them to return
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service, retail sales, or food service experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers in English
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Employment Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
We are currently seeking crew members to be a part of BUA. We are proud of our made-from-scratch menu served in a fun and inviting atmosphere. Come be a part of the BUA Thai+Sushi!
As a server with BUA Thai+Sushi, your goal is to provide exemplary service, great beverages and food, a professional appearance and ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
The Waiter / Waitress provides continuous service to guests seated in the dining room. The Waiter / Waitress also maintains the cleanliness and accessibility of the dining room by promptly cleaning tables and chairs, cleaning food and drink spills, and maintaining the dining area restrooms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes guests with a friendly smile and greeting and introduces him/herself within one (1) minute of the guest being seated. Assists guests with carrying food tray from Checker station to the dining room when called.
- Offers to assist guest in removing food from tray and sets the table in the standard setting. Removes tray from table and suggests condiments or other accompaniments to the meal. Promptly returns with requested items.
- Returns to the table on a regular basis and politely inquires about the guests’ meal. If a food item is unsatisfactory, offers a replacement item and immediately notifies a manager of the guest issue Offers drink refills when glass is one-third (1/3) full. When appropriate, pre-busses table by removing any empty dishes.
- Circulates around the dining area and stays alert to guests’ request for service. Responds to guests’ request for service with a sense of urgency and immediately notifies a manager of any guest issues.
- Suggestively sells drinks and dessert following a meal if none has been purchased. Provides guests with to-go boxes and cups upon request.
- Thanks guests for dining at BUA Thai+Sushi with a friendly smile and farewell.
- Busses tables and carries dirty dishes to dish loading area. Wipes tables and chairs with sanitizing solution and cleans seats with dampened cloth. Dries tables and chairs with a dry cloth and resets table to BUA Thai+Sushi standards.
- Cleans highchairs after each use and returns to the appropriate area of the dining area.
- Stocks and maintains condiments stand in assigned section.
- Checks condition of restrooms on a regular basis, cleans if necessary, and reports status to a manager.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by following proper food and workplace safety techniques. Maintains clean and accessible walkways in the dining area and notifies manager of broken or faulty equipment or other safety hazards.
- Assists with daily and weekly dining room cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
- Focuses on teamwork and cooperation with management and other team members. Participates in meetings and contributes to the overall success of the unit.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication skills required to assist guests with food and service requests or questions.
- Good hearing ability required to hear and respond to food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to identify specific food items and to clearly see food labels.
- Must be able to carry up to 20 pounds.
- Good interpersonal skills required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for guests.
Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Exposure to hot and cold food items on serving trays
- Standing and walking continuously for up to four hours
- Exposure to slippery floors
- Moderate noise levels
- Frequent walking, grasping, carrying, bending, crouching, and reaching in order to complete guest service and cleaning requirements
Employment Type: Full-Time
BUA Thai + Sushi is looking for multiple experienced cooks and kitchen helpers for opportunities on both weekdays and weekends. You will be responsible for quickly preparing beautiful dishes, working as a team, and maintaining a clean work environment. The cook we are seeking can quickly prepare high-quality dishes, have strong food knowledge, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. All cooks are expected to prep and cook food in a back of the house and kitchen environment, assist executive chef with all kitchen operations and assist in other duties as assigned.
- Over 1 year of experience in foodservice.
- Highly skilled in setting up stations inside the restaurant
- Able to re-stock all items as required all through shift
- Proven record of delivering outstanding customer service by preparing food items constantly and adhering to all recipe standards
- Demonstrated ability to converse clearly and efficiently with patrons and staff
- Track record of working positively and efficiently in a fast-paced and noisy environment
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while abiding by all food and safety regulations
- Must be able to work quickly in a confined area and stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic English reading and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of weights, measurements, volume and cooking procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Ability to work in elevated temperatures.
- Continuous use of hands and arms.
- Continuous bending, reaching and twisting.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Additional Info Minimum Age 18+ years old Job Industries Food & Restaurant